Agents not Taking you Seriously? Then Don’t be Labeled a “Lookielou.”
I sometimes get asked by a stranger “I want to see the cabin in Potato Patch at 2885 Black Lode Trail” or I want to see the $50,000 220-acre lot in Seligman, AZ.” These properties are QUITE remote. It may take me a full day to show some of my listings. I am not a tourguide.
I may not take you seriously until I find that you are “doing your homework.” Other agents will likely not take you seriously, either. I had an incident on Friday, 7/24/15 when I had such a call. This “Buyer” said she had been stood up by an Agent in Payson after driving there from Phoenix to see a specific property. I will show her the cabin at 2885 Black Lode Trail today, not because I think she is a good prospect, but because I said I would.
Here are my rules for Buyers if you want to be taken seriously:
- Decide the neighborhood and the setting in which you want to live.
- Decide on your “property specifications.” Be willing to fore-go seeing listings that do not meet your criteria.
- Know your budget and get qualified so you know for sure what you can afford. Do not look at homes or properties that are outside of your budget.
- Decide on your process. How will you make your decision on which property you like?
“I’ll know it if I see it” is not an acceptable way of making your decision.
- Decide on who you want to represent you as a Buyer. Calling each listing Agent may not be in your best interest.
- Are you really ready to buy? If not, please do not waste everyone’s time “playing HGTV!
- Bottom line: Be respectful of everyone’s time.